Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Code of The Woods!

This was a recent job I did for the guys over at The Code of The Woods podcast. They needed a banner for their site and a profile picture. The podcast is all about gaming; video games, D&D, Warhammer, etcetera, It's a really good podcast complete with radio theatre, you should check it out here http://www.codeofthewoods.com/ .Give it a go even if you don't know a lot about these games. I don't know a lot about them, and I still enjoy it.
  The overall idea was theirs, one guy, Rob, riding a bear  and the other, Chris, atop an eagle, both riding into battle against a horde of miscellaneous baddies. The hardest part of this illustration was trying to fit all of it into a frame that would fit in the space allotted for the banner. I really like the way it came out though. Had a ball just cramming in bad guys.
For the profile pic I had the idea of creating fake Magic the Gathering cards for each of the guys. I just hadda find a way to convey the ideas in a tiny amount of space. I'm really proud of the magic mace that Rob is holding on the right, came out pretty cool.  all in all this project is definitely one of my favorites. Go check out their page to see it all in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment